Friday, January 16, 2009

Elijah Philip Duncan

I know this is considered "the Duncans" blog, but it's really Chrissie's blog about the Duncans. So hopefully I'll get the pics on here right because this is my first time blogging.
-Kirk

We got to the hospital just before 7am on Thursday 01/15/09. It took a whole hour before Chrissie was all prepped to have her water broken and labor induced.

Chrissie wired up and ready to go!

Unfortunately my prediction to have the baby by 10am did not prove true. After an hour of really painful contractions, a wonderful epidural, a "texas roll", and then a little over 2 hours of pushing....Elijah Philip Duncan was born into this world!

This is after the nurse wiped him down. I considered putting a pic up of him right after he was born, but as much as people say how beautiful newborns are, they really aren't something you want to look at too much until after they've been cleaned up.


Here Elijah is getting weighed. 8lbs - 6oz.


Chrissie LOVES her little baby boy.


The happy family. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that there are three of us now!



5 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats Chrissie! He's beautiful.. glad he is healthy- and 8lb.6 oz.. whew girl! Bless you!Enjoy him!

Becky

C Leebrick said...

congratulations! kevin and i are very excited for y'all!! he's so cute...and kirk, job well done :)

Jessica Jackson said...

All I can say is....get ready, Elijah. Aunt Jess is gearing up to give you lots of kisses!

Love all of you...from the 3 of us. :)

The Mangin Family said...

We are so excited for you! Great Job Chrissie! And Kirk I am very proud and impressed by your blogging- I can already tell you're a great daddy! :)

tbplayer said...

Hey Chrissie, He is perfect! What a great looking baby. Congratulations Kristi and Dave Mathewson