Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I wish someone had told me...

When I was sitting down at the desk this morning to blog the previous post, I came across my notes from a MOPS speaker earlier this year.  MOPS is a group of young moms at my church that gets together 2 Fridays a month.  I've really enjoyed being a part of it this year.  Anyway, I thought these notes were really good then...and I still think they are good now.  I wanted to share them and I hope they will encourage you.  The speaker spoke on what she wished someone had told her when she was a young mom.

I wish someone had told me that...

  • A perfectly clean house is for an entirely different season of life.
  • Praying is not just for a set time in a set chair for a long period of time.  God calls us to pray without ceasing.
  • Taking care of myself is not selfish.
  • When the phone rings, I don't have to answer it.
  • There will be a strong pressure to say yes to many good things...it is ok to say no.  It is only necessary to say yes when God asks you to.
  • To be overcommitted would not make me any more spiritual or productive.
  • Margin in my life is a good thing.
  • God wants to give me the gift of time.
  • My children are the church.  They are the greatest investment in the kingdom I will ever see. 

That last one is my favorite one.  Kirk and I praying that Elijah will come to know his Savior at an early age and that we would do nothing but point him to Jesus.  Would you pray for him too?

4 comments:

Rebekah Wallace said...

Chrissie,
I am so encouraged by this list even as someone who does not have kids yet. What wisdom. thanks for sharing the value of having time to give to people & to your kids. have a great day!

Peter and Bethany said...

Even though I was there... it is was so good to hear it again. Thanks and we will make it a habit to lift up our friends kids to the Lord as well as our own:)

Aunt Rach said...

You don't have to pick up the phone unless its me. Then that rule doesn't apply.

Grandma said...

He and BD#2 are right up there at the top of my prayer list with Cam and BJ#2! His Mom and Dad are there, too! Love you all.